Dry needling is a form of therapy in which fine acupuncture needles are inserted into areas of tension in muscular tissue or near nerves in order to stimulate a healing response. Dry Needling is a modern, science-based treatment for pain and dysfunction in musculoskeletal conditions such as neck pain, shoulder pain, shoulder impingement, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, headaches, knee pain, shin splints, plantar fasciitis or low back pain.
What is the Difference between Dry Needling and Acupuncture?
- Focuses on specific Trigger Points that are cause of Pain
- Treats specific muscular issues causing pain
- Intended to relieve inflammation, tension and trigger points
- Is based on Western anatomical principals
- Intended to unblock energy meridians
- Treatments creates balance within the whole body
- Used for various physical and mental conditions
- Acupuncture is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine
Benefits of Dry Needling
There are many benefits to including Dry Needling to your Remedial Treatment. After an assessment to determine the area indicated for needling, I will clean the skin prior to using the needles. Once the needles are in place, I will then work on other areas of concern, so there will always be hands on treatment.
Eases headaches, neck & shoulder pain
Speeds recovery post sporting events.